Dear Bear Creek Golf Course Guests:
We are excited to welcome back golf to Bear Creek Golf Course on Tuesday, May 5th through Governor Inslee’s Golf Restart plan. It is our goal to keep a safe and healthy facility in accordance with state and federal law by utilizing practices established by the CDC and to comply with COVID-19 work site-specific safety practices, as outlined in Gov. Jay Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” Proclamation 20-25 for preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Golf is widely seen as an activity that is viable and relatively low risk, however, there are additional precautions that will be in place to ensure the safety of our players and staff. This includes measures and advice from the National Golf Course Owners Association (NGCOA) “Park and Play” program.
To provide an environment that is safe for all involved, below are facility updates that you should expect during your next visit:
We ask all guests to abide by the following common courtesies during your visit:
- If you are experiencing or have experienced flu-like symptoms in the past 48 hours we encourage you stay home.
- Maintain minimum six-foot separation between course staff and other guests.
- Ensure frequent and adequate handwashing. Additional wash stations have been added to our two Sanican locations and hand-sanitizer stations have been installed in them. Please also bring your own sanitizer to keep in your bag for more frequest use on the course.
- Please read and follow additional guidelines posted throughout the clubhouse.
- We ask no more than two players from separate households per tee time. Tee times are REQUIRED; walk-up players may not be accommodated.
- Foursomes are allowed if all players are from the same household (identification may be required). To reserve a foursome, please contact our Pro Shop by phone at 509.996.2284 or online.
- Payment for golf may be completed over the phone. Please contact the Pro Shop (509.996.2284) day-of to complete this process. We will also have an online payment option.
- Clubhouse access will be limited to check-in only with a maximum of 4 guests in the Clubhouse at one time. We ask that those checking in follow the directional and spacing guides. Face coverings will be required to enter Pro-Shop/Clubhouse facility. Restrooms will be available to golfers only.
- Each guest will be asked to provide contact information per the Golfing Restart Requirements.
- The use of rental clubs has been temporarily suspended.
- At this time we will not be accepting cash for payment.
- Practice area space will be limited to 30 minutes per player.
- Sanitized pull-carts will be available, however, we encourage the use of personal pull/pushcarts.
- Sanitized power carts will be available for one rider at at time only. Golfers will be expected to carry and dispose of their own garbage when leaving the course.
- Pencils and scorecards will be issued by the Pro-Shop Attendant upon request.
- Bunker rakes and other on-course furniture have been temporarily removed.
- Please leave the pin in the cup at all times. We have raised the cups an inch above the green surface and it counts when the ball hits it. This is a good time for "gimmies."
- We will be on course to ensure physical distancing practices are being followed by reminding golfers, and where necessary, warning repeat offenders.
- We ask golfers to leave the golf course immediately after playing to eliminate congestion/gathering on the property or in the parking lot.
Elevated Sanitation Practices
- We have increased frequency in cleaning schedules with a focus on public areas, including restrooms, handrails, door handles, and other high-touch common areas.
- All golf shop team members are required to perform additional hand-washing every 30 minutes. Sanitation is available for each staff member to use throughout their shift.
- We have installed additional sanitizing stations throughout our facilities.
- Signage is posted in our facility to encourage staff and guests to wash hands thoroughly and disinfect workstations.
- Face coverings are required to enter the Pro Shop/Clubhouse facility. Please make sure you bring one with you!
- We have installed a plexiglass barrier in front of our Point of Sale register and at the Snack Bar.
The health and safety of our staff and guests at our facility is our highest priority. These additional steps give us the confidence to conduct operations.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us directly. We appreciate your support and cooperation to create a safe and healthy environment at Bear Creek Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you out on the golf course sometime soon.
Mike and Laurie Hilton, Owners: Hilton Approach LLC dba Bear Creek Golf Course